yes, it's an art blog.

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

artpost #7

In 2004, I was hired by Morse Institute Library to create signs for the Young Adult room. The signs are still there and are now a permanent part of the library.






Each was created using colored pencil, later adhered to foamcore board.

As years went on, I did other projects for the library. The librarians referred to me as "the resident artist". I made promotional posters, such as a Chronicles of Narnia poster during the movie premiere for a display, using a movie graphic. The following year, I created a poster for a town-wide reading project called "Natick Reads", which asked the town to read a specific book for discussion groups and related programs. The book poster I worked on was for "Hoot" by Carl Hiaasen. This one was original; I used various images of burrowing owls for reference and created a textured branch look for the title.



Narnia, 2004. Owl, 2005. Created with Crayola colored pencils. 24" x 18" posterboard.

No comments: