yes, it's an art blog.

Saturday, March 13, 2010

The vocabulary of the soul

I only know myself
to the extent of the words
I can use to define,
demonstrate,
deconstruct and
criticize.
What happens in
the innermost part
the one that needs no words,
no jargon,
no codes,
is what I consciously try to capture
with my limited knowledge
of descriptives.
The pool of unconscious
And the thoughts that try to drink from it
Can never really be satiated
To be satiated,
they must accept
that they cannot define
cannot capture
cannot communicate
the parts that cannot be expressed.
Communication,
left-hemisphered,
temporal,
Dominates
not to be confused with
The Subordinate self
But how to express
the soul, the subordinate self?
when my knowledge
so small,
can barely even define itself?
I don't know,
maybe I haven't learned it yet.
Is my power words,
imagery, touch, socializing, or speaking?
Everyone has one, a power
A vocabulary of the soul,
in words, in pictures, in thoughts and smiles
who am I to create a dictionary
of something that cannot be defined?

No comments: